Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Kanye and 18 Hour Days

Feeling nostalgic, my production manager just informed me that he hadn't worked an 18 hour day in a while. I knew those fond days of which he spoke of were 14 hour days, but when they've reached that number, who's really counting anymore. I am reminded that a year has gone by since we shot the feature and it's been three years since The Tested was originally conceived as a short film. Our lead actor Michael Morris Jr. was 16 when he started this journey and now he's on the verge of being 20. When we met him, he wore t-shirts down to his knees, now he dresses like Kanye. If that's not progress, I don't know what is. And as far as my production manager goes, I'll tell him what people have told me... If you're not working an 18 hour day, you're only working a half day!

No comments:

Post a Comment