Tuesday, June 23, 2009

20 Minutes

We went through an interesting process during the lab, where we only saw 20 minutes of each other's films. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get a grasp on the flavor of each. What I discovered was two fold. Not only can you really get a handle on the artistry and story telling from these clips, but you have to. In most cases, that's what people are going to get. It's similar to the first 10 pages of a script. If you don't grab them then, you're a goner. So, what did I see in these nine other films? I saw in The Mythe of Time: Innovation, Au Pair, Kansas: Wit, Phasma Ex Machina: Curiousity, Perfection: Pain, The Imperialists Are Still Alive!: Aesthetic, Stranger Things: Intimacy, City on a Hill: Vision, Postales: Culture, Wanderlost: Richness.

What emerged from this exercise was a clarity of how different we all were from each other and how clear that was in only 20 mintues.

No comments:

Post a Comment